Sunday, January 2, 2011

Another top assembled! Goose Flower quilt from BOMs

I finished the pre-border piecing of my quilt made from 2 different BOM sets and my flying geese. Now to add borders. After considering a scrappy border, I'm almost decided for a neutral border instead.

It was not nearly as hard to get the blocks sewn together as I thought. When you think about 6 flower blocks, a dozen 16 patches, and over a hundred flying geese blocks, made by probably 30 different quilters, it's easy to imagine that there would be seam and size problems everywhere.

But it didn't happen. I needed to stretch a few of the geese blocks, but hardly any. Of course, I haven't ironed and starched it yet, so I still expect to encounter a few volcanos or other idiosyncracies. Until then, though, it's now time to get started on my Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll mystery from Bonnie Hunter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

show beautiful! I love the colors!

Vic in NH said...

This is wonderful; it is such a fresh design! And I totally agree that simple borders will finish it's "busy-ness."
Vic in NH