Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Notebook covers A6 and A7

One day at Birgit's shop I saw a notebook cover and it has obsessed me for a few weeks. Even though I only saw it for a few seconds, it seemed simple enough to make. If I recall correctly, the other one even used a pen as a closure. However, since I have a little box full of varied buttons, I chose to use those instead.
The basic pattern is quite simple. I'll post the pdf of my pattern so far, so you can make your own. The biggest problems I encountered were cutting the rectangle large enough to make good points at the pointy ends, and using the right interfacing. The only sturdy interfacing I have in the house at the moment is non-iron-on, so it's not getting quite the effect I want.

But I do think they are pretty, especially when a complex print is used, like the small one.

1 comment:

Birgit-Patch said...

Hi Karen,

Deine Covers sehen sehr gut aus.
Das Original des Notizbuches wohnt zur Zeit bei Deb. Sie kann es Dir geben zum nochmal anschauen.
Grüßle
Birgit