Friday, June 24, 2011

Finished Spring Wall Hanging!

Ta-daaaa! One finished project, except for label and hanging sleeve.
This was my sampler of decorative stitches, made a little fun. 
Particular characteristics:
  • almost every quilted fern is a different stitch
  • I love the detailed stitch hanging from the mushroom the best
  • It's raw-edge applique, and I left plenty of edges raw on purpose
  • The ferns are in yellow thread on purpose, so don't bother suggesting green. I was trying for that subtle look that makes the quilt look one way from a distance, and more interesting close up
  • Don't even bother telling me some of the stems are too wide - that was another design element
  • The yellow fabric is ombre´ going from dark yellow to light yellow
Here are the pictures, before I coaxed the basting stitch holes out and gave it a final pressing. 


1 comment:

Tina said...

I do like it, it is wonderful. you could make another one for me, lol!
You need to make a summer , fall and winter one.