Saturday, March 5, 2011

Round Robin quilt

While I may be familiar with quilts and how they were traditionally made, I'm relatively new at quilt guilds and how group quilting projects function.
It was with trepidation that I signed up for the latest Round Robin project at the Black Forest Guild. I really hate the idea of screwing up someone else's quilt.
At least I chose to do Round Robin in the beginners group, and my group looks like it will be fun. There are, however, just three of us, so if any of you BFQ members reading this wants to join us, there's still time. You should go ahead and follow the rules in the instructions. Contact me if you want to join our group, so I can tell the RR program manager.
The block I've chosen for my center is Bonnie Hunter's Roll Roll Cotton Boll block, including the string corners.
What do you think? Kinda neat, huh? I think there are colors and variety enough to let my group partners do pretty much as they like. Do I need to add my own border around the edge before I send it off?
Know any good links to RR quilts? I'd like to get a sense of things I can do to my partners' quilts that will really make them pop.

No comments: