Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Plan, Do, Check, Oops

Plan:
Prio 1 - the wedding quilt
Prio 2 - both the mystery and the applique class

Do
Quilt quilt quilt on the wedding quilt
Slow and steady progress on the other two. My leaves are getting better, and I've organized all of the pieced strips for the mystery in their respective blocks - 4 for block 1 and 4 for block 2. Whenever I get a chance, I work on one of these projects.

Check
Wedding quilt now in the binding phase
applique - still need to do a few leaves
mystery - working on block 2, I sew strip A to strip B and strip C to strip D. That makes the first square. Then I sew the second, then the third, then...

Oops.

Looks like I made only 5 C strips. There are 13 D Strips in my C strip pile. Maybe I switched stacks? Nope. I really have 26 D strips.
So much for my hope of getting everything done for Thursday's and Friday's meetings.
Here a picture of the ripped apart D strips, now organized to sew into C strips.

Sigh.


No comments: