Sunday, March 17, 2013

top done

The top is done. It's nice and square, even though I didn't smooth out the bottom on the design wall.
Truth be told, I'm kinda sick of this quilt. The front is exactly what I expected, but I can't say I care for it very much. I'll be glad when it's finished and out of my hands.
For quilting, I'll use an overall pattern for the pieced bits, with a lighter color on the lighter fabrics and darker on the dark. Then something simple in the border and sashing. On the back will be the Bassetti sheet that matches the carpet and pillows of the couple's home.
If even I don't care much for the front, I can surely imagine the couple will use the back as often as they use the front, so this time the label will have to be small and inconspicuous. Now there's a challenge for me, queen of the gigantic quilt labels, isn't it? :)
Currently I'm planning to make a teeny tiny label, just one line long, that is sewn at the edge of the binding. Something like,
"For Isa and Philip, on their wedding day, 22 May 2013." 
Oh crap, wait, that might not work out. They had their legal wedding in 2012, and their church wedding is in May. OK, label will have to wait until that gets figured out.
Anyway, here are pics of the top and the backing.



1 comment:

Lisa Werdel said...

wow, der ist wunderschön geworden ! mir gefallen auch die Farben, jetzt bin ich natürlich neugierig, wie du quiltest ... :-)