Monday, December 20, 2010

Gooseflower scrap quilt progress

My BOM quilt using 2 BOMs and my flying geese is coming along nicely. Here is a picture of the center of the quilt.
BOM 1, won in July at guild, is the 6 large flowers, one purple, one yellow, and 4 in pink/red.
BOM 2, also from July, are not currently shown. They will become the edging.
The rest of the blocks you see are my flying geese from the swap we did at guild this year.
I've finally decided on the layout of the flowers en pointe, the geese surrounding them, and four pair of geese as accent points through the center of the quilt. Empty space in the center will be neutral scraps, and the rest of the quilt will come from the other BOMs.
Now off to do my last tweaking. I still want to look at the quilt several times and rearrange geese so I cannot see any large groups of color or patterns. Then I will create "rows" diagonally so I can sew them in a sensible fashion.
How do you like the name Gooseflower quilt? I kinda like it.

No comments: