Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Nespresso coffee is wonderful (but expensive)

Years ago I received a Nespresso machine as a present. It was a total luxury, because I knew exactly how much the capsules cost, but I wanted one, mostly because it was pretty.
Yes, that's a terrible reason to buy a coffee, but have you SEEN how pretty they are?
Each color represents a different flavor. Sometimes they have special brews and offer limited time coffees, like special flavors at Christmas.
OK, I'll admit it. I sometimes mostly almost always choose my coffee based on color and not flavor or country of origin.
What you should NOT buy from Nespresso is the Aeroccino cappucino milk foamer. Piece of expensive crap that broke within a month of the warranty expiring.
But the coffeemaker is fun. Here's a picture of a latte I made recently. Heated the milk in the microwave, then brewed a capsule, which settled mostly on top of the milk, and then added a shot of hot water, which is the lighter layer, and then the crema is on top. Mmmm. 5 layers of beautiful browns and whites.

No comments: