Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Celebrate and let it go

Sometimes things sneak up on you and you've reached a milestone that you hadn't even thought to notice. For me, it's not just sometimes, it's most times that I don't recognize a milestone.

My DH and I are both blessed with weak memories, so we never fight about forgotten anniversaries. Almost. A couple of years ago, we agreed to exchange birthday gifts, which we don't normally bother with anymore. I planned a nice gift for him, and had it ready to go. My birthday comes first, and I was really looking forward to a nice present, something thoughtful. Do you know what I got?

Nothing. I was quite disappointed, but still had a gift for him, so a few days later, I gave him his gift and we let it go. Some things you just have to choose to let go and move on with life.

Other things you should try to remember. I keep a design book because I want to remember what I've been working on with my sewing. It also helps me to organize my thoughts when I'm writing a pattern.

My Tokyo Subway suburb quilt is in a teeny-tiny, eensy-weensy quilt show (display?) at a local shop. It hadn't occurred to me to acknowledge that it's the first quilt I ever showed, but during some chitchat with Birgit and Tina, it occurred to me to say, "Yeah! my quilt will be on display for that whole teeny-tiny, eensy-weensy audience to see."

So, Yay for me!

Now let it go, Karen, and get on with life.

2 comments:

Birgit-Patch said...

...und ich werde hinfahren und den Quilt anschauen und fotografieren und mich daran freuen!

Grüßle
Birgit

quilthexle said...

So you are now an exhibiton-isted quilter ;-)) Congrats !!