Saturday, February 12, 2011

Mola magnificence

After 100,000 stitches which I loved doing by hand, it's pretty clear to me that I always need a hand sewing project to work on. I do have a wholecloth pillow top I'm working on, but it's mostly for practice rather than performance. Also, my holy grail of a double wedding ring is not right for me to start either yet.
Enter Herma, who volunteered to teach a Mola class for us at the James Byrnes Center in Stuttgart, where we meet for a sewing circle one Friday each month. If you're interested in American/German local relationships, visit this place, or join the membership. It's very good if you spend a lot of time in Stuttgart.
Our class started on Feb 3, my birthday, so how could I refuse?! It was just great, and I find myself staying up late, working on the project. Remember my attempts to learn applique? Well this is a type of reverse applique, and I LOVE it. I'm going to pull out some more hearts and get back to my applique again as well.
Here's my progress so far.

No comments: