Sunday, February 24, 2013

miscellany: label fonts, washing fabrics, and repro fabrics

Lots of little things going on, and some big ones, too.
Today, just reporting on little things.

First, This is my complete stash of reproduction-like fabrics. I want to make just one block, a basket, and I think I'll use one of the reds. 

Second, Anita Grossman Solomon recommends basting yardage together before washing, because it will prevent severe raveling. I'm not so sure it's truly easier and faster, but this little pile is my test group.  There's also a closeup of the stitch, it's just a long zigzag




Finally, I'm getting the hang of these labels. These have become my favorite fonts. Consistently pretty, stitch out well.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hate the unraveling. I usually just make a small diagonal cut on each end. That seems to reduce the unraveling and only takes a second.