Saturday, April 28, 2012

Frieda's book on fabric dyeing

This is one of the two books I'm reading about fabric dyeing. Anneliese recommended this one for the recipes, and because it helped her improve her dyeing.
Here is a picture of two sets of hand dyes I own. The bundle is Anneliese's, the other was a gift from a wonderful person.
The yellow one at the top is dyed bed linens from my awesome local quilt shop. I'm going to use this one tomorrow in my Alicia Merrett class.
The bundle in the middle is the Anneliese fabric, dyed along the principles from this book onto poplin fabric.
The bundle at the bottom is from a lovely quilting friend.


The photograph does not do the colors justice. I love all of these fabrics and am looking forward to cutting them tomorrow.
The book, Fabric to Dye For, is by Frieda Anderson
The book is for sale on Amazon. The Kindle price is actually moderate at just under 10 Euro.
Link to the book is here


No comments: