Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ingrid's quilt is progressing

Here the quilting is done. Now I have to clean the edges so I can do the edge finish. This quilt will have a knife edge finish, since the three pieces are attached to each other. Binding just wouldn't look right. The third piece doesn't get quilted- it will just be stiffened so it can hang nicely.

My connecting method will have to be adapted. At first I thought I could just connect the pieces with beads, but it's clear that the beads are too small to support the whole quilt. Now I'm thinking I will take small strips of yellow and sew beads onto them. 

There are 8 decorative stitches which comprise the quilting. Each stitch on the top piece is aligned with the same stitch on the bottom piece. Here are a couple of pics.

 


1 comment:

bei Rosen und Muscheln said...

Hallo Karen,

das Teil kenn ich doch!!oder nicht??
Sehr schön ist es geworden.
Bis Mitwoch!

GrüßLe Lucia